New updates and improvements shipped in Superthread 🚀
Mar 24, 2023
- Views – we've overhauled the design of our Views feature to make it easier to filter across your workspace to create custom views of only the cards that you want to see.
- Filter on card status – for example, show me all the cards assigned to me that are not in ‘Done’.
- Create a View from a Board – when applying a filter to a board, you'll now see a 'Save' button which can be used to save the current filter as a new view.
- Favourite Views – add any view to the favourites section of you sidebar.
- New app theme – we’ve update the default ‘light mode’ theme throughout the app to better match our new website. This also lays the groundwork for an upcoming dark mode 🌒
- Card relationships – marking a card as blocked, or blocking just got a lot more useful:
- Filtering support – you can filter a board or view to show you all the cards that are ‘Blocked’, ‘Blocking’, 'Duplicates', or 'Related'.
- Activity feed – when a relationship between cards is created or updated, you’ll now see a history of that in the card’s activity feed.
- Real time syncing – teammates that are viewing the same card will now see card relationships update in real time.
- We’ve made it easier to invite teammates by improving our email validation rules.
- Fixed a rare issue where exiting a brand new page would navigate you to the new board flow.
Mar 17, 2023
- Drafts for card comments – when writing a comment on a card, if you need to close the card to double check some information, you can now re-open it and pick up where you left off without your unfinished comment being lost.
- Child cards progress meter – when viewing a parent card, you can now see the total number of cards and a progress meter for them.
- Sidebar drag and drop – we've been working hard behind the scenes to make dragging things up and down the sidebar feel a lot nicer. Hopefully you should be able to consistently drop things exactly where you intend to, every time.
- Real time syncing for spaces – making changes to the contents of a space will now also be synced in real time to other users. This includes renaming the space, changing its icon, and modifying the boards in it (such as adding boards, re-ordering boards, updating board names etc).
- In search results, spaces that match your search term will now display if you are a member of the space, or not.
- We've simplified our importing process to no longer allow Trello or Jira imports into private spaces. This means your teammates can easily find the cards they have been assigned to after the import finishes.
- We've tweaked the behaviour of the dropdown for choosing the status of a new list to make it easier to keyboard navigate.
- We've tweaked the colours and contrast of items in the sidebar, and added a new settings icon.
- On mobile, the buttons in the sidebar now have the same position in the favourites and spaces sections.
- Dragging a board into a space with no existing boards will now correctly highlight the entire space as a drop target in the sidebar.
- The vertical blue line that appears to highlight that the sidebar can be resized will no longer show up when dragging things in the sidebar.
- On mobile, cards will now consistently open in fullscreen.
- After printing a page, the sidebar will no longer change colour.
- Parent cards that have had all their children archived will no longer be coloured blue in the board preview.
- When in the list view of a board, archiving a child card will now correctly update the UI to remove the connecting blue line from the the parent.
- We cleaned up some old URL routes that are no longer used and could cause users to get stuck on a screen with a loading bird animation.
- When viewing a parent card, creating or archiving one of its child cards will now update in the small card in the board immediately.
- Members that have been removed from your workspace will no longer be displayed as a member of Space-ID 1.
- Closing a card immediately after changing its status will no longer cause the card to jump between statuses in the board.
- Links to untitled blank pages are now clickable again.
- Renaming a blank new page after navigating to a different space, now saves the page in the correct space.
- Added a missing top-border to the 'Add child card button'.
- Archived child cards are no longer counted in the child card progress meter.
Mar 10, 2023
- Automatically show/hide the sidebar – if you choose to close the sidebar, moving your mouse over to the edge of the screen will now automatically open it. You can also close/open sidebar using the new keyboard shortcut
Cmd + \on MacOS or
Ctrl + \on Windows.
- We've tweaked the colour and font of linked Github pull requests so that they better match the other sections in a card.
- Opening the workspace menu at the top of the sidebar now correctly causes previously open menus in the rest of the page to close.
- We've fixed some missing hover states for buttons in comments and the settings pages.
- The 'Log in with Google' option will no longer keep logging you in same account when attempting to switch to a different Google account.
- In a board, clicking to open a card will now work even if the card's 3 dot menu is currently open.
- When dragging a card into a different space will now show the correct drop target when hovering over a board preview.
- The hover state for cards in a board has been fixed so that it consistently disappears after you finish hovering or when closing an open card.
- In a card, opening the status dropdown will no close the assignee dropdown, and vice versa.
- Opening the workspace dropdown at the top of the sidebar will now cause other dropdowns to close.
Mar 3, 2023
- Search redesign – the
Cmd + ksearch bar has been refreshed to match the style of the rest of the app. We now include the status of each card in the results and clearly display which space each card/board/page belongs to.
- Drafts for quick pages – when using the keyboard shortcut
pto quickly create a new page, we now save whatever you type as a draft. This means you can close the quick page modal, check something, and come back to it without loosing your work.
- Fixed an issue where redirecting to the workspace picker screen would get stuck on a loading screen after logging in.
- Dragging a board from one space and dropping it into the homepage of a different space now works again.
- Fixed several instances where opening a card from your list of favourites, notifications, or linked parents cards would not display the correct space in the card's breadcrumb.
- When duplicating a card, changing the target space now correctly updates the list of boards you can select.
Feb 24, 2023
- Card relationships – you can now express dependencies between cards. Just click on the 3 dot menu in a card header and select one of the 3 new relationships types:
- Blocked by – when cards are dependent on each other.
- Related to – when cards are related but not blocking.
- Duplicates – when a card for this piece of work already exists.
- Light themed sidebar – to better reflect the visual style of our new website, we've decided to go all in on light mode (for the time being 🌒).
- Updated the default page titles and meta description to reflect the new messaging on our site.
- Lots of small tweak ands bug fixes to improve real time card activity.
Feb 17, 2023
- Superthread Knowledge Base – we now have a place for users to discover more about Superthread functionality, all created using Superthead public pages.
- Parent card progress indicators – when viewing a board, at a glance you can now see how close a card is to being completed based on the status of its child cards.
- You can now add, remove, and interact with favourites folders on mobile.
- We've fixed lots of issues with the real time updates for cards, mostly related to archiving cards and creating parent/child relationships between cards in different spaces.
- On mobile, the button for viewing the sidebar of a card now remains in the active state whilst the sidebar is open.
- On mobile, we've adjusted the padding in the header of a page to create more room to display the page title.
- Lots of small UI fixes and tweaks for iOS mobile Safari users.
Feb 10, 2023
- New website – we've launched a new website to better reflect our brand and all the new functionality we've been adding. Superthread – Tasks & Docs. Together.
- New favourites system – the favourites section in the sidebar has been completely overhauled, you can now:
- Add cards to your favourites.
- Organise favourites in to folders.
- Re-order favourites with drag and drop.
- Real time updates for Cards – when updating a card, other teammates that are viewing the same card will now see your updates being applied in real time.
- Detailed card activity – the activity section in a card now includes activities for:
- Checklists being created and updated.
- Tags being added and removed.
- Parent and child cards being added and removed.
- Sidebar tweaks for mobile – the sidebar in the app and Settings page now have increased spacing between items, buttons that are normally only visible on hover are now displayed, and we tweaked the position of dropdowns and menus so that they work on small screens.
- We've tweaked the text on the Slack integration page and added a link to make Slack notifications easier to discover.
- Fixed an issue with page titles not displaying correctly in the header on mobile.
- Fixed a rare issue for new signups that would sometimes cause duplicate spaces to be created in the sidebar.
- Fixed an issue where creating a new board, then immediately archiving it and restoring it, would cause a duplicate board to appear.
- Fixed an issue where you could not archive a board that was created immediately after creating a brand new space.
Feb 3, 2023
- Mobile support – we've made lots of small tweaks, style changes, and behaviour updates to make viewing cards, pages, and boards much more usable on small screens.
- Inline comments redesign – comments in a page have had a little redesign to better match the style of the rest of the app.
- When a GitHub pull request is linked to a card, you can now see the repo the PR is from.
- We've added a notification for when you are unassigned from a card, or removed from a space.
- When opening a page, your cursor will no longer automatically focus on the first line of the page. This prevents the on-screen keyboard popping open on mobile and makes it easier to use keyboard shortcuts instead of typing in the page.
- We've made the delete button for checklist items appear on hover, instead of being hidden in a 3 dot menu.
- We fixed an issue when searching for child cards to add to a parent. The search results would not correctly filter out cards that had already been added as children.
- We reduced the file size of some of the images we use in the app to speed up page load times.
Jan 27, 2023
- Pages added to Space homepage – when navigating to a space in the sidebar, the homepage for a space will now display a list of all the boards and pages in the space.
- We've added a new banner across the top of the screen to display when a page, card, or board is archived.
- If you've never used our Trello or Jira importers, we now have a nice quick start guide for them on the Importer settings page.
- We've fixed the colour of the Superthread favicon in browser tabs.
- Whilst creating a new board, and then navigating away, the breadcrumb no longer displays the text input border.
Jan 20, 2023
- Filter by 'Owner' in boards – you can now filter cards in a board based on who is the owner of the card.
- Boards now look better on small screens with an updated responsive header design.
- Fixed an issue with the sign up flow that would means users would not be able to complete the onboarding flow.
Jan 13, 2023
- Comment reactions – you can now react to comments and see the other emojis that your teammates have reacted with.
- Offline browsing – if you lose your internet connection whilst using Superthread, you'll now be able to continue browsing the app until you come back online.
- You can now un-assign inactive team members from cards. This is useful for scenarios where somebody has left your workspace, not accepted a team invite, or was imported from Trello or Jira.
- Scrolling now works again when using the list view in a board.
- Fixed an issue with board notifications in Slack. The board URLs no longer need to contain the board title to route correctly.
- When logged out, opening a Superthread link will now redirect to your intended page after the login screen.
- When connecting your Superthread account to Zapier, you will be correctly redirected to the workspace selection screen after authenticating.
- Fixed an issue with workspace creation that would cause some users to get stuck in our sign up flow.
- When adding a new card to a board preview, cancelling the card creation will no longer collapse the preview.
- When creating a new list in a board and setting its status, saving the list now works more consistently.
- When using our Slack integration, messages with links to Superthread will no longer expand to show two different link previews.