Updates and improvements shipped in Superthread throughout 2022 🚀
Dec 30, 2022
- Easily set parent cards – click the 3 dot menu in a card header to search for a card that you would like to set as its parent. This will create a parent/child relationship between them.
- Zapier integration public beta – you can now find Superthread listed on the Zapier app store.
- In Firefox, we've fixed the position of icons that appear when hovering over the sidebar.
Dec 23, 2022
- The Jira and Trello importer now consider the status of an imported card/issue and attempt to map them to the correct status within Superthread.
- We've added a new 'Shared' icon to the page header to make it more obvious when a page has been shared to the web.
- We've tweaked the inline comment icon in pages so that it matches the style of the rest of the icons throughout the app.
- In search results, the highlighted keyword should have a space between words.
- Fixed an issue in the sidebar where navigating between spaces using the browser back button would not always highlight the correct section in the sidebar.
- Fixed an issue where after resizing the sidebar, the tooltip for displaying truncated page/board names would no longer work.
- In Firefox, clicking on the text box to rename something in the sidebar, no longer closes the input.
- If you have favourited a subpage, archiving the subpage, then restoring it, will now also restore it in your favourites.
Dec 16, 2022
- Space locator – if you find yourself getting lost within a workspace, you can now click the crosshair in the 'Spaces' section of the sidebar to highlight precisely where your current board/page is.
- Extended breadcrumb for subpages – the full path (breadcrumb) for a subpage is now visible in the header of the page. This makes it much easier to keep track of where your are in the workspace.
- Card Owners – we've added a new experimental field to cards to designate who the 'owner' of each card is.
- Links to the settings pages no longer need to include a workspace name in the URL, this makes sharing links much easier.
- The styling for Slack notifications has been tweaked for card comments and card moving.
- Pages have a redesigned 3 dot menu that updates it to fit the look and feel of the rest of the app.
- All modals throughout the app now support the keyboard shortcuts
Enterto confirm your action, and
Escto close the modal.
- Clicking back in your browser will now remember the scroll position of the previous page.
- Adding and editing
mailto:links to pages and card descriptions should now work as intended.
- When adding a comment to a card, the card will now scroll to ensure your comment is not below the fold.
- Drag and dropping a card in to a different Space will no longer cause the board list's scroll position to reset.
- Adding a link to formatted text will no longer remove the formatting.
Escwhen editing a card title no longer breaks subsequent edits.
- On smaller screens, the formatting options in the header of a page would not always be correctly shown in the dropdown menu.
- The letter spacing when editing a list title and viewing a list title is now the same.
- Clicking to view the 'Info' for a space from the 3 dot menu of the sidebar would display an empty space.
- If the 3 dot menu for a page was open, clicking on the chevron to collapse a Space in the sidebar would not remove the hover state on the 3 dot menu.
Spaceto play/pause videos in the media attachment is working again
- Expanding a space in the sidebar now scrolls the sidebar to display its expanded contents.
- Restoring an archived page will now also restore all its subpages.
- Restoring an archived subpage will now display immediately in the sidebar without needing to refresh.
- Fixed many issues with the drag and drop behaviour of content in a page so that it now behaves more consistently.
- Copy/pasting two different images into a page at the same time no longer overwrites the first image with the second.
- You can now undo pasting text into a page title.
- Linking to a specific heading in a page now works again.
- Editing the text of a link no longer refocusses your cursor in to the URL input.
- When browsing the list of spaces you can join, the list now scrolls to follow you keyboard selection.
- When browsing a the list of space you can join,
Enterwill now select and open the space.
Dec 9, 2022
- When dragging a card to the bottom of a long list, we have improved the animation and scroll speed acceleration curve to make it feel more natural.
- You can now right-click-copy images from within Superthread pages and paste them elsewhere (including the cover images).
- Fixed many issues with interacting with menu buttons when hovering over inline images.
- Changing the icon for a Space in the sidebar would sometimes cause the breadcrumb in the header to jerk.
- When collaborating in a page, clicking in the 'gutter' at the bottom of a page no longer moves everybody's cursor to the bottom of the page.
- The overscroll 'gutter' at the bottom of a page is now working correctly on Windows.
- The overscroll 'gutter' behaviour has been removed from comments and checklists.
- Search results are now working in Safari again.
- Fixed position of show/hide sidebar button in Views.
- Fixed a rendering issue with user avatars in Safari.
- Fixed an issue in the board list view where clicking on the 3 dot menu of a child card would not work if the child card was in the same Space as the parent.
- Archived child cards are no longer visible in the board list view.
Dec 2, 2022
- List view for Cards – easily switch between Board and List view using the dropdown in the header of a board. For example, kanban boards may not always be the preferred way to groom a backlog, now with one click you switch to a List view with 'whats next' at the top.
- Keyboard navigation in Boards – you can now use keyboard arrows to select, move, and take actions on cards in a Board:
⬅⬆➡keyboard arrows to select a card
⬅⬆➡to move the selected card around the board (Mac)
⬅⬆➡to move the selected card around the board (Windows/Linux)
Enterto open the card
Escto close it
Rto rename the title
Ato open the assignee picker
- When opening a link directly to a card, then closing it, the board will scroll and highlight the card you were just viewing – making it much easier to keep track of where you are.
- Navigating to
app.superthread.comnow redirects you to your last viewed page making it easier to pick up where you left off.
- The subscribe 'bell' icon in a card and page has been updated to be a solid blue colour making it easier to spot when you are subscribed.
- Quickly navigating between many different boards is now faster and no longer causes errors with the page URL being updated correctly.
- When dragging a board to a different space, it now immediately shows in the board list page without needing to refresh the page.
- In the board 'Settings' page, opening a dropdown then clicking on a board in the sidebar no longer breaks the dropdown.
- Clicking on an internal link that navigates to a different Space no longer opens the old 'page list' page.
Nov 25, 2022
- Moving subpages is now easier – we've tweaked the drag and drop to make it easier to rearrange pages in the sidebar. This includes moving a page to the last position in a list, snapping to the nearest valid drop target, and making the blue line more visible.
- Explore section in the sidebar – when viewing a board or a page from a Space that you are not a member of, the Space will be displayed in a new section of the sidebar called 'Exploring'. Hopefully this makes it easier to understand where in the app you are. It will remain visible until you navigate away to a different Space.
- Refreshed board picker – when creating a quick card using the keyboard shortcut
C, the dropdown for selecting a board has been tweaked so that you can no longer select a Space with no boards in.
- Tweaked the colour and style of the page divider formatting option.
- Tweaked the colour and hover state of the 'copy link to heading' icon in pages and added a tooltip for it.
- Fixed an issue where you could not leave a Space while exploring a different one.
- Fixed an issue where you could not leave more than one Space in a row.
- When searching, filtering the results for only board, cards, or pages now works again.
- When editing a due date, the card activity log now correctly displays the date as 'edited' and not 'removed'.
- Improved the editor typing performance so that fast typing no longer feels laggy.
- You can now move your cursor out of the yellow highlighted section for inline comments using keyboard arrows.
- Pasting an internal link no longer replaces the word in front of your cursor.
- Fixed a rare issue where you could not disable text formatting options when quickly navigating between a board and a page.
- Fixed an issue where moving your cursor from the card description to the card title would cause the real time collaboration to disconnect.
- Removed some redundant styling being applied to the page header.
- Fixed and issue where sometimes reloading the page would cause the 'Join' space button to appear in the header.
- The dropdown for browsing spaces now truncates very long titles.
- Search results now display the archived icon in the correct position.
- Fixed an issue where changing the browser zoom level would truncate internal links.
- Internal links now update their URL when the title of the linked card is changed.
- When navigating between spaces, the scroll position is now correctly reset.
- The space icon displayed in the breadcrumb of a page header is now updated when dragging the page into a different space.
Nov 18, 2022
- Slack Integration – when pasting a link to a Card, Page, or Board in to a Slack message, you'll now get a nice preview of it 'unfurled' in the message. Just head to Settings > Integrations > Slack to turn it on.
- Its now more obvious how to add members to a Space. We've added an 'add user' icon in the header of the Space, and tweaked the hover state and tooltip to make it more discoverable.
- We've updated the help text for uploading a profile image and now display an error message if the file size is too large.
- The tooltip displayed over the space members no longer shows up when hovering over the same position in the board header.
- When removing a member from a space, you no longer have to refresh the page for them to be removed from the list of avatars.
- Archiving a page from the 3 dot menu in the sidebar now works after navigating from the Settings page.
- Images no longer appear/disappear when added to a card and page that have the same ID.
- The 'open in fullscreen' option now works when clicking on the 3 dot menu of an inline image.
- In Safari, when adding multiple checklists to the same card, adding a checklist item in one list, and then clicking to add an item in a different list, no longer discards the item from the first list.
- Fixed broken image links in the 'Welcome' board that gets created when a new user signs up.
- We no longer attempt to display link previews when pasting a link to a Superthread settings page, marketing website, or to a different workspace.
- When resizing inline images we now enforce a minimum width that means the hover state buttons on the image remain visible.
- Clicking on an inline image in a card description no longer causes the real time collaboration to disconnect.
Nov 11, 2022
- Card status visible in internal links – when you paste a link to another Superthread card, we'll convert the link into a compact preview displaying the card title and its current status.
- Show and hide subpages – if a page has subpages, they are now displayed underneath the page title so you can quickly open them. You can also choose to hide them if you wish.
- The overall look of internal links has been refreshed with new icons.
- We improved the keyboard navigation when moving your cursor between the title and the description when creating a quick card or checklist.
- Updated the product overview video displayed on the website and in the help section of the app.
- You can now sign up to use the app directly from our website.
- Fixed an issue where you could not open a board immediately after joining a space.
- We now display a scrollbar when viewing the confirmation modal when deleting a large comment.
- Fixed an issue where you could not create a private space.
- We fixed an issue where some supporting images in the 'Welcome' board that new users see were not displaying correctly.
- Fixed a rendering issue when opening a card from a very large board that would cause cards in the background to 'flash' and 'pop in'.
- Fixed an issue where you could not log out, then log back in again with a different Google account.
- When duplicating a page, the duplicate is now displayed in the correct position in the sidebar.
- The blue line that appears when resizing the sidebar no longer gets hidden behind the page header.
- Fixed an issue where the status icon for some child cards was not displayed if card was in a space that was collapsed in the sidebar.
- Fixed a rare issue where a board filter from one workspace, would still be applied after switching to a different board in a different workspace.
- When duplicating a card, the input fields in the duplicate modal would flash red.
- The 3 dot menu in the sidebar would not close when clicking elsewhere in the page to drag a card or list.
- You can no longer paste images in to a checklist item.
- In Safari, when dragging a card, the drop target area is now the correct size.
- We removed the 'i' information icon in the attachment upload modal because it didn't have any purpose.
- Fixed an issue where creating a checklist item in a card, then clicking outside to close the card would cause the checklist to jump position.
Nov 5, 2022
- View Cards on your mobile – we've finally updated our app to adapt to small screens 📱 You can now navigate around the app and view cards on your phone much more easily.
- Streamlined onboarding – we've reduced the number of steps it takes to sign-up and now create a demo space for new users to explore all the features of Superthread.
- Card status activity – when a card changes status, we now display the new status in the card's activity feed. We also keep the status up-to-date if somebody changes its name or colour.
- On the login screen you can now resend your email login code if the original code got lost in the email for some reason.
- We've tweaked the design of the invite button at the bottom of the sidebar to make it more visible.
- When creating a new space, pressing either
Cmd + Enterwill both confirm your choice.
- After leaving a workspace, it will now be removed from list of workspaces on the workspace switcher screen.
- After leaving a workspace, it will now be removed from list of workspaces on the workspace switcher screen.
- Fixed an issue where leaving a space would cause the list of avatars in the header to flash.
- In Safari, dragging a page to the last position in the sidebar no longer causes the sidebar to scroll.
- When dragging a card from a board into a different space, the app no longer crashes if you drop the card in an empty area in the board list.
- The keyboard shortcut for opening the
Cmd + Ksearch now works even when a dropdown is open.
- When browsing the list of spaces to join, the filter input is no longer case sensitive.
- In Safari, the board filters no longer display a text cursor when hovering over them.
- Card titles that contain html tags no longer render as html when they are displayed in search results.
- Websockets for board updates now connect far more reliably when navigating to the board from a notification, search result, or opening them directly from the sidebar.
- We've reduced the number of network requests that we need to make to fetch the list of child cards for an epic.
- Fixed a typo in the sign up flow that was displaying a full stop at the end of a user's email address.
- When creating a quick card, you can now move your cursor from an empty row in the card description back up to the card title.
- If a list is archived, the list name is no longer displayed as empty in the activity feeds of cards.
- Fixed an issue in the quick card modal that meant the board dropdown could not be opened if you had already opened the assignee dropdown.
- We added a scrollbar to the dropdown when browsing the list of spaces to join.
- Fixed an issue where the members dropdown would not close when opening a board.
- Fixed a typo in the sign up flow that was displaying a full stop at the end of a user's email address.
- When creating a quick card, you can now move your cursor from an empty row in the card description back up to the card title.
- If a list is archived, the list name is no longer displayed as empty in the activity feed of cards.
- Fixed an issue in the quick card modal that meant the board dropdown could not be opened if you'd already opened the assignee dropdown.
- We added a scrollbar to the dropdown when browsing the list of spaces to join.
- Fixed an issue where the members dropdown would not close when opening a board.
Oct 28, 2022
- You can now use keyboard navigation (arrows, enter) to move between the card title and description when adding a quick card.
- When adding a new card in a Board, pressing
Shift + Enterwill now open the card and focus the card description.
- When a page has been shared to the web, clicking on the 'globe' icon in the header will now open the public version of the page in a new tab.
- Subpages in the sidebar can now be right clicked and middle clicked to open in a new tab.
- Fixed a rare issue where the total number of cards in the board would be not be loaded correctly.
- When inviting a team member, we fixed an issue where a trailing space after the email would create a second, invalid, empty invite.
- In the list of child cards within an epic, clicking over the space name for a child card now correctly opens the card.
- When viewing the 3 dot menu for a child card, elements behind the menu are are no longer interactive.
- When dragging a card from an open board in to another space, the icon in the breadcrumb now updates correctly.
- If your auth token is deleted or expired, you will now be redirected to the log in screen.
- Navigating from a View to another Board/Page no longer causes the 'Join' button to show up in the header.
- The media viewer in a Page now cycles through all images in the page, previously it would skip images that had been pasted inline.
- The media viewer in a page now excludes the page cover image and page icon.
- Text that is part of the Superthread UI (buttons etc) can no longer be highlighted and selected.
- The blurry state you see whilst waiting for a cover image in a page to load is now positioned correctly when the sidebar is not at its default width.
- When creating a brand new page, the icons in the toolbar are now the correct size.
- The page link for a public page is now correctly truncated.
- Fixed an issue where you could end up having multiple refresh tokens.
Oct 21, 2022
- We've redesigned the screen that you see when viewing a completely empty space (or when creating a new one) so that its easier for new users to discover how to use Superthread.
- You can now copy an image from a Slack message and paste it in to a card or page.
- We tweaked the icons for copying an anchor link and dragging page contents around to make them visually consistent with the rest of the app.
- Whilst scrolling, we now disable all the hover states in the sidebar to make it feel buttery smooth.
- When copying a suggested branch name from a card, we've tweaked the naming convention to prefix the card ID before the card title.
- We've added a team member invite button to the bottom of the sidebar to make it easier to find.
- You can now invite multiple team members at once by separating their email addresses with a comma or a space.
- We now set a more sensible default width/height when pasting large images in to comments and card descriptions.
- Empty lines in a page will no longer display the anchor link button.
- Fixed an issue where it was difficult to mouse over to the anchor link button in a page without it disappearing.
- You can no longer save a View without a title.
- Fixed a navigation issue where we used capital letters in the URL when naming a workspace.
- Fixed an issue where tooltips would be displayed when dragging a card.
- When deleting a comment, images in the comment are now displayed at a sensible size in the delete confirmation modal.
- Fixed an issue with the breadcrumb not updating correctly when dragging a card into a different space.
- Reordering the list of child cards in an epic no longer creates visual duplicates in the list.
- Fixed an issue where renaming a list would not be reflected in the activity of the card.
- Clicking the 'copy link' option in the 3 dot menu of a space now closes the menu.
Oct 14, 2022
- Subpages (child) pages in the sidebar – you can now create subpages inside of other pages. This is very useful for grouping pages together to keep them organised. Just hover over a page in the sidebar and click the
+button to create a new page inside of it. The new child page will be displayed nested underneath its parent page.
- Drag and drop – organise pages however you like by dragging them up and down the sidebar. Just drop a page on top of another page to nest it. Dragging a parent page will also drag all its child (nested) pages with it.
- Inherited settings – actions you take on the parent page will also be applied to its child (nested) pages. This means if you share the parent to the web, its children will also be shared. Likewise if you archive the parent page, its children will also be archived.
- Filter by created date – the filtering options inside of a board have been updated to support filtering cards based on when the cards were created.
- Header design tweaks:
- The icon for a space is now displayed in the breadcrumb.
- The search button has been removed from the header (you can find it in the sidebar).
- Members of a space are now displayed on the right hand side of the header.
- When browsing a space that you are not a member of, we now display a join button in the header.
- Tweaked all the icons colour, hover states, and padding to make them more consistent.
- The copy git branch name button now includes the the first 100 characters of the card title.
- Card attachments now support many more file types including GIF and ZIP files.
- Whilst scrolling, we've disabled the hover states over the Spaces section of the sidebar to improve performance and reduce the visual noise of icons flashing in and out.
- We increased the contrast and font size of information displayed in the sidebar of a card. We also tweaked the alignment and hover states to make them more consistent.
- Uploading an attachment to a card now takes one less click because we open the file browser immediately when you click on the attachment button.
- When adding a cover image to a page, the suggested image is now randomised.
- The icons for each space are now displayed in the search results.
- The icons for a space are now displayed in the dropdown when creating a quick card or page.
- We've subtly increased the drop shadow when hovering over a card to make the selected card more visible.
- We now display the keyboard shortcut
Cfor quickly adding a card whilst hovering over the 'Add card' button.
- Fixed an issue where dragging your cursor to highlight text would sometimes cause the text input to close if your drag finished outside of the text input field.
- The tooltip for editing a link is now positioned correctly if the link line wraps.
- When you navigate to an empty page, the content from the previous page you were viewing will no longer be displayed in the empty page.
- Fixed a rare issue when navigating from a view, to a board, and then finally to a page would cause the page content not to load.
- Fixed an issue where you could not click on text inputs when navigating to a child card from within the board preview.
- Fixed an issue where the app would get stuck on the loading animation if your refresh token had expired.
- Activity icons and timestamps in a card activity feed are now aligned properly when an activity with a long name line wraps.
- Fixed an issue where card comments may disappear due to a 5 second refresh timer issue.
- A mention name now has the correct line height inside of a comment.
- When viewing board settings, the selected board is now correctly highlighted in the Settings sidebar.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes clicking on 'Create new space' would open the modal to browse spaces instead.
- Fixed displaying the wrong drag cursor when resizing an image.
- Fixed an issue where you could not re-upload the same file if you had previously cancelled the upload.
- Trailing whitespace is now trimmed from team member email invites.
- Fixed an issue where you could drag the board horizontally whilst clicking on 'Add card' or the 3 dot menus.
- Fixed an issue in Safari where the inline code style would not have the correct border radius.
- You can longer rename a space, board, card, or page to just a single blank space.
- We removed the icon to sort the notifications feed alphabetically as it was not functional.
- You can now paste text in to a paragraph that has the inline code style applied to it.
- Fixed an issue where the page title would be highlighted if you started typing in a page before our real time collaboration had established a connection.
- Fixed an issue where the site favicon would sometimes not load.
- Fixed an issue where the 3 dot menu in the sidebar for spaces, boards, and pages would be positioned incorrectly after navigating from Views or the Settings page.
- Whilst creating a brand new board, the filtering menu is now disabled.
- Fixed an issue with the wrong styles being applied to the Youtube embed modal.
- Fixed an issue where the status icon in a board list would change size depending on how long the name of the list was.
- Fixed a rare issue where clicking the attachment button would not open your computer's file browser.
- We more gracefully redirect the user to the workspace selection screen if they have an expired team invite.
- Fixed an issue where you could not upload an attachment to a card if you had previously clicked the attachment button for a comment.
- Fixed an issue where if you tried to upload multiple attachments at once, all the attachments would fail even if only one file was of an unsupported type.
- We fixed an issue where if you were hovering over the padlock icon in a private space, it would interrupt scrolling.
- The search bar will now update its search results when you close and re-open the search bar without changing the search term.
Sep 30, 2022
- Projects renamed to Spaces – after lots of feedback we've decided to change Superthread Projects to be called "Spaces" so that they better represent how they're being used.
- Blue sidebar – the sidebar has been changed to a more pleasant blue colour instead of grey.
- Faster boards – opening a Board from the search results is now even faster because we pre-load the board data before you click on it.
- We've made the board name input field more visible by adding a blue outline to it when creating a new board.
- Space names are now limited to 60 characters.
- We've improved our caching policy so that icons, fonts, and images displayed throughout the app will now load a lot faster.
- When editing a card title, highlighting the text with your cursor will no longer close the card if you drag outside of the card.
- Fixed not showing the correct cursor pointer when hovering over a space displayed in the search results.
- Fixed some issues with keyboard shortcuts in the app miss-behaving when the search bar was open.
- The board filter button is now disabled when creating a brand new board.
- Fixed an issue with the text in the yellow 'archived' banner being displayed in the wrong position in an archived board.
- Mentions no longer display an empty text box in the notification feed.
- Fixed an issue where the spacing between the child card section and comments section in a card was too big.
- When multiple different feedback messages are visible at the same time, each will now be displayed at their correct width.
- When opening the settings page, the text in the sidebar no longer jumps in to position.
- Dragging and dropping multiple files at the same time in to the attachment modal in a card now correctly uploads all the files.
- The list of child cards in an epic now updates correctly when they are moved to a different space.
- Fixed an issue where after closing the settings page, you could only open pages that had been favourited.
- Editing a link in a page will no longer cause the scroll position to jump.
- The tooltip for editing a link is now positioned correctly when editing a card description, checklists, and comments.
- When editing a comment in a card, the text will now consistently be highlighted.
- The card comment box no longer gets bigger when you add a paragraph break.
- Board filters no longer render on top of the info panel for the board.
- Inline comments fixes:
- You can no longer save a completely empty comment.
- The comment pop-up now always opens with a consistent width.
- The position of the comment pop-up no longer hides the text that has been commented on.
- Very large comments are now scrollable so they are easier to read.
- You can now press enter or keyboard arrow right to move your cursor outside of the highlighted comment text.
- The comments sidebar now closes when you navigate to a different page.
- When deleting a comment that contains a link, you can no longer click on the link in the confirmation modal.
Sep 16, 2022
- Zapier integration (beta)
- The design of the workspace settings dropdown at the top of the sidebar has been updated to better match the look of the rest of the app.
- Fixed the grey colour of the small icons in a card.
- Fixed colour and size of the 3 dot and edit icons that appear when hovering on a card.
- Fixed an issue where the text selection for an inline comment would move if somebody else was typing in the same page.
- Fixed an issue where closing an inline comment by pressing
Escwould cause the page scroll position to jump.
- The native browser search keyboard shortcut
Cmd + Fno longer opens the board filtering dropdown.
- The cursor is now positioned correctly when you create a new inline comment.
- Fixed a typo in the placeholder text for inline comments.
- When adding a cover image to a page, the image upload modal now says "Attach cover image from".
- When adding a page using the
Pkeyboard shortcut, it will now be visible in the sidebar instantly.
- The text formatting buttons for inline comments now work correctly.
- Fixed the positioning of the avatar for large inline comments.
- The button to add an inline comment will now consistently remain visible when text is highlighted in a page.
- The draft from one inline comment no longer appears when replying to a different comment in the same page.
Sep 9, 2022
- Card Statuses – we know every team has a different workflow for getting stuff done. To make it easier for other teams to track what's going on, each column in your board can now be represented by one of five possible statuses:
- Backlog – tasks that you haven't decided to work on yet.
- Not started – tasks that you've committed (prioritised) to work on but haven't actually started the work yet.
- In progress – tasks that are actively being worked on right now.
- Done – tasks that have been completed.
- Cancelled – tasks that have been abandoned or will never be worked on.
- One click board creation – when creating a new board, we now automatically create a list for each one of the statuses above. This makes getting started even faster.
- Child cards v2 – the list of child cards in an epic now displays the current status of a card, who's assigned to it, and even which project it's in. You can also change the status and edit the assignees inline.
- Card Activity – you can now scroll the historical activity on a card. For example, see when the due date, status, tags, title, assignees, or description changed, and who changed them. If you prefer you can also filter the activity out to focus just on reading the card comments.
- All text formatting options inside of comments now all have a consistent font size (bullet lists, inline code, mentions etc).
- Card comments are now more responsive on small screens.
- Fixed an issue with cards displaying a scroll bar even when there was no content to scroll.
- Fixed an issue where if the title of a card began with a chevron, it would not be visible in a board preview.
- Fixed an issue where editing a card description and then immediately closing the card would not always save.
- Fixed a bug where dragging a card to the bottom of the list and then into a new list would glitch.
Sep 2, 2022
- Keyboard navigation in dropdowns and menus – all dropdowns throughout the app now support keyboard arrows
Escfor navigation and selection.
- Improved design for adding a new card and editing it inline.
- Using different Google accounts for switching workspaces now works. You will no longer be automatically logged back in to the same account when selecting the log in with Google option.
- The 'Join' button in the header of a project now correctly adds you as a member of the project.
- Fixed an issue where the number of members in a project was incorrect when navigating to the project by clicking on a card notification.
- Horizontal scrolling with a trackpad on MacOS should now be a lot smoother.
Aug 19, 2022
- Child card previews – hold
Spacewhilst hovering over a child card to see a preview of it.
- Tags picker keyboard navigation – use keyboard arrows
⬆⬇to change your selection,
Spaceto multi select,
Escto cancel, or
Enterto confirm the selection and close the dropdown.
- Significantly increased scrolling performance in Firefox.
- Hovering over the date icon on a card will now tell you how many days until the card is due, or how many days it is overdue.
- When switching between workspaces, the list of projects in your sidebar will remember which were expanded or collapsed so it's easier to pick up where you left off.
- The vertical spacing between cards in a list has been reduced so you can see more of the board on small screens.
- The due date icon now changes colour from grey to orange when the due date is less than 3 days away.
- We've added the Duplicate, Subscribe, and Copy link actions to the 3 dot menu on a card in a board.
- Added a new 'unsubscribe' icon for the 3 dot menu in a card.
- Added a toast feedback message when you subscribe/unsubscribe or archive a card.
- Fixed a bug in the members picker dropdown where
Spacewould sometimes close the dropdown instead of toggling the checkbox on the selected member.
- If currently open, the 3 dot menu for a list or card now gets closed when you navigate to another board.
Aug 5, 2022
- Mentions displayed in comments had wrong font size.
- Fixed alignment of placeholder text in the assignee picker.
Jul 29, 2022
- Assignee picker redesign – it now matches the design used for board filtering and supports keyboard navigation. Use keyboard arrows
⬆⬇to change your selection,
Spaceto multi select, and
Enterto confirm your selection and close the dropdown.
- Card comments redesign
- Sort comments by newest first, or oldest first.
- Support for inline image attachments.
- More text formatting options.
- When replying to a comment in Slack, you can now see the text quoted from the original comment.
- The 'invite people' option has been moved to the workspace dropdown at the top of the sidebar.
- You can use
Spaceto select multiple options in a dropdown in board filtering.
- Updated the icons used for the text formatting option in pages.
- Inline images are now displayed with slightly rounded corners.
- Inline images in card comments are now visible for the whole team.
- Fixed an issue where you could not save an inline image in a card description that had no text.
- Fixed an issue where creating a new page whilst currently viewing a page would cause the cursor to positioned incorrectly.
- Fixed some issues with real time collaboration in pages when pressing the 'create new page' button whilst viewing another page.
- Fixed an issue where opening the assignee picker would not always focus the search input.
Jul 22, 2022
- New sidebar – we've completely redesigned the app sidebar:
- Make projects stand out by setting a custom icon and colour.
- Easily view what's in each project by expanding the list of boards/pages in the sidebar.
- Re-order or move boards/pages between projects by dragging them up and down the sidebar.
- Quickly move cards into another board by dragging them directly into a board in the sidebar.
- Printable Pages – we now support printing a page. Just hit
Cmd + Pwhen viewing a page or find the option in the 3 dot menu in the page header.
- Archiving a page/board will now also remove it from your Favourites in the sidebar.
- When viewing an image in fullscreen mode, pressing the delete button will now close the image viewer or move to view the next attachment.
- Indented lists in pages (bullet, numbered, checklists) now display correctly when the page is shared to the web.
- An untitled page that has been shared to the web no longer displays 404 as the page title. It now correctly says 'Untitled'.
Jul 15, 2022
- Board redesign – cards are now more compact, higher contrast, and display more information so its easier to figure out what's going on at a glance.
- Reply to comments from Slack – if you have Slack notifications turned on, you can now reply to comments directly from the notification. This makes it especially easy to reply from your mobile.
- Real time collaboration in Cards – just like in pages, you can now see who else is typing in a Card description. We've removed the cancel/save buttons because all changes are saved automatically. You can also seamlessly move your cursor between the card title and card description using keyboard arrows,
- Extra large Boards – we've been stress testing the speed and performance of our boards and now they stay super fast even when there are more than 1000 cards in the board.
- The colour of each user's cursor is now displayed as a ring around their avatar when they are editing a page or card description.
- People viewing a page without making any edits will now be timed out as inactive after viewing the page for longer than 60 minutes.
- Changes to cards in a board:
- View child cards by clicking the blue dropdown in the bottom right of the card.
- Pull request counter – easily spot if a card has a GitHub PR linked to it.
- View multiple assignees – now you can see up to 3 assignees on a card.
- Attachment counter – you can now see how many attachments are in the card.
- Changed the due date icon from a clock to a calendar.
- The assignee picker no longer renders behind the sidebar when the sidebar is set to max width.
- Cards now open on the first click, even after opening the 3 dot menu on the card.
- Child cards in the dropdown on a small card now display an ellipsis when their name are truncated.
- Clicking on a child card in the dropdown on a small card will now open the child card.
- Fixed a rare issue where you could not click on a card's 3 dot menu when the list of cards was scrolled.
Jul 1, 2022
- Quick Cards – press the keyboard shortcut
Canywhere in the app to quickly create a new card. Use the 'Create in' dropdown to select which board the card should be created in. It will automatically select the board you're currently viewing (or last viewed), but you can change it or set your own default as a preference. Cards will always be added to the first list/column in your chosen board.
- Quick Pages – press the keyboard shortcut
Panywhere in the app to quickly create a new page. Use the 'Create in' dropdown to select which project the page should be created in. It will automatically select the project you're currently viewing, but you can change it or set your own default project as a preference.
Jun 10, 2022
- Workspace Tags – when you create Tags directly on a Card, they’re saved as custom tags just for that Project. Now, you can re-use common tags (e.g. bug) across all your Projects by creating them as a 'Workspace Tag' instead. To keep things tidy, we’ll even merge Project tags with the same name into your new Workspace ones. Just go to Settings > Tags to get started.
- Drag text and images in Pages – you can now use the 6 dot icon on the left of an image or block of text to drag the content up and down a Page.
- You can now see a file upload progress indicator for attachments in Cards.
- Fixed a temporary issue with Slack notifications not being delivered.
- Fixed many formatting issues that would occur when adding code blocks
```using 3 back ticks.
Jun 3, 2022
- Team member management – easily view who has access to your Workspace, invite new members, remove old members, or promote them to an 'Admin'. Currently the Workspace 'Owner' and 'Admins' are the only roles that have permission to remove people from the Workspace. Just head Settings > Members to check it out.
- Quickly open a Card from Views – when you open a Card from within a View, it will now open as modal on top of the View, instead of navigating you to the Board where the Card belonged.
- Fixed an issue where you could not select (highlight) text whilst adding a new Card in a Board preview.
- Fixed a rare issue where you could not see you cursor when editing a Card description after viewing a Card attachment.
May 27, 2022
- Filtering in Boards – applying filters to a Board makes it's easy to focus on the Cards you care about. Filter by Tag, Assignee, Creator, Github links, or clean up the Board by hiding Child cards or Epics. Just press
Fwhen viewing a Board or click the 'Filter' button in the header.
- Media viewer redesign – viewing Card attachments and inline images got a facelift. Use keyboard arrows to navigate left and right between items, pinch to zoom,
Ctrl+ scroll zoom, and we added new icons for media playback and downloads.
- Improved inline images – it's now easier to resize images, just drag from anywhere along its vertical edge. You can also hover on an image to reveal options to view the image fullscreen, download it, or delete it.
- We've changed the background colour of a Board from white to grey to make Cards stand out more.
- We added a link to this Changelog page in the 'Help and Feedback' popup so it's easier for you to discover what's new each week.
- When scrolling a Board horizontally, you will now see a grab hand cursor instead of your regular mouse pointer.
- When an in line image is selected, pressing
Spacewill expand the image to fullscreen. Pressing
Escwill close it again.
- The due date picker in a Card had a slight redesign to make it more compact and the option to set a specific time has been removed.
- The 'Duplicate Card' feature has had a minor restyle to make it look and feel more consistent with the rest of the app.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't edit a a reply to an inline comment.
- Fixed an issue where a scroll bar would appear in the 'Duplicate Card' options.
May 20, 2022
- The height of the Card modal has been increased so they are easier to read on smaller screens.
- Pages now open in full screen without the modal frame around them.
- Your last search term will now be highlighted when you open the
Cmd + Ksearch so that you can immediately start typing over it.
- Tags will now load consistently when opening a Board from your Favourites list.
- You can now edit a link that was added in an inline comment.
- Deleting inline comments is now working.
- Fixed positioning of the Notifications draw popover.
- Fixed an issue where adding a link to text that also had styling (e.g bold) would not work correctly.
May 6, 2022
- Removed 'Archived items' page – the option to browse archived items has been removed from the dropdown at the top of the sidebar. Instead we recommend you use the
Cmd + Ksearch to find archived Cards, Pages, and Boards. Just tick the 'show archived' checkbox in the search results.
Apr 29, 2022
- Reusable Tags – Tags are now shared across all Boards in the same Project. This means Cards will no longer lose their Tags when being dragged between two Boards in the same Project.
- Tag merging – when you drag a Card from one Project into another Project, the Card will merge its Tags with any duplicates in the destination Project. If the Card has Tags that aren't used by the destination Project, they will be removed from the Card. This helps prevent the destination Project from becoming polluted with Tags from another team.
- You can now select multiple Tags at once by clicking directly in the checkbox in the Tags dropdown.
Apr 22, 2022
- You will no longer receive duplicate notifications for being mentioned in a Card/Page that you are also subscribed to updates for.
Apr 15, 2022
- Github Automation – you can now automatically move cards in a Board based on the status of the linked pull request. For example move a Card to 'Done' when the PR is merged. Just head to Settings > Projects to set it up for each of your Boards.
- Indented lists – you can now indent bullet, number, and check lists. Try it out in Pages, Card descriptions and Comments by pressing
Tabwhen in a list.
- Header redesign – we've redesigned the header in Boards, Pages, and Cards.
- Boards – you can now rename a Board by clicking on the breadcrumb. We've also removed Board member avatars, and made the copy link icon permanently visible.
- Pages – the text formatting toolbar is now in the header of the Page.
- Cards – the copy link and Card-ID icon are now permanently visible.
- Checklist redesign – checklists in Cards have a new look and flow which makes them more compact and faster to create. They can also be expanded and collapsed.
- GIF support – you can now paste and upload GIF files to a Page, Card description, and Comments.
- Card previews – when hovering over the list of Child cards in an Epic, just hold
Shifton your keyboard to display a quick preview of the Card.
- The favourite button in Boards and Pages is now a ⭐️ instead of a bookmark icon.
- Boards now open full screen without the modal style frame, creating more room for viewing your Cards.
- We've changed the close Board icon from an 'X' to a minimise icon.
- You'll now see a success message after connecting your GitHub account to Superthread.
- We removed the grey background hover state from comments.
- Fixed an issue where pasting an image into a Page would sometimes save the image as an inline blob instead of uploading it as a file.
- When holding shift or space whilst hovering over a Card in the Board preview, the revealed Card now looks the same as in the fully open Board.
- Searching for an empty Page no longer causes the search to freeze.
- Using your keyboard arrows to navigate up in the team member @mention dropdown now works again.
- In Safari, you can now insert more than one image from Unsplash in to Pages.
- In Safari, after highlighting some text in a Page, your selection is no longer forgotten after hovering over an image.
- In Safari, we fixed a rare issue where after viewing an image full screen, closing and then reopening a Page would cause the Page to become uneditable.
- Applying inline code styles to text that is in the same line as an @mention now formats correctly and removes the the back-ticks.
Apr 8, 2022
- Slack notifications – you can now receive Superthread notifications in Slack. You can also choose which types of notifications you want to be sent there. Just head to Settings > Notifications to connect your Slack account.
- The Notifications bar no longer automatically closes after clicking on a Notification.
- When adding images to a Page, they now default to fit within the width of the Page body. You still have the option to resize and oversize images by dragging on their edge.
- Images in Pages must now have a minimum width of 50px when resizing them.
- In Profile Settings, we removed the option to choose displaying an avatar colour instead of an avatar image. The colour option is now just used as a fallback if you have not yet uploaded an image.
- Video attachments in Cards now display a 'play' icon over them.
- Typing any two characters after a
.no longer converts it to a link. We now check that they are a valid top level domain.
- Opening the 'Upload image' modal in a Page no longer changes the scroll position of the page.
- When you click on a notification about being added to a new Project, the new Project no longer disappears from your sidebar when you navigate away from it.
- Fixed an issue with the 'Insert' image button becoming miss-aligned when you switch between the 'Computer' and 'Unsplash' upload options in Pages.
- Fixed various misalignment and responsive design issues throughout the Settings pages.
- Fixed a navigation issue where pressing
Escto exit the Settings page would not always take you back to the fully open Board you were previously viewing.
- In Safari, the dropdown menu for the Trello and Jira importers now behave correctly when mapping users.
Apr 1, 2022
- The human readable title of a Page is now included in the public URL when sharing the Page to the web.
- Hovering over the breadcrumb of a Child card now shows the full path of the Card, including the column the Card is currently in.
- We've tweaked the drag and drop behaviour within a Board to make it easier to drag a card to the top of a list.
- You can now click anywhere on a linked pull request to open it in GitHub.
- Navigating back and forth between a Page and a Card using internal links no longer causes the Board behind the Card to display 'undefined'.
- You can now correctly close the link editor modal by pressing
Escinside of a Page.
- In Safari, using keyboard arrows to move your cursor up a line through a bullet list no longer scrolls the Page.
- Clicking on a checkbox in a Page no longer causes the cursor's scroll position to jump to its previous position.
- Creating a numbered list immediately after a bullet list no longer causes the two different lists to join with broken formatting.
- Fixed an alignment issue when creating checklists in the Card description.
- GitHub pull requests linked to a Card now correctly show the 'last updated' timestamp instead of the 'created' timestamp.
- You can now close the Search bar using
Escwhen performing a search from within the 'Archived items' page.
- Page cover images and icons are now saved correctly when they are the first thing you add to a brand new Page.
- In Safari, video attachments now scale properly and display the playback controls in the correct position.
- Fixed an issue where you could not add a link to the first row of a Page.
Mar 25, 2022
- Card redesign – the new space efficient design means you can see more onscreen at once without having to scroll. You can now edit Assignees, Due date, and Tags directly in the sidebar of the Card. The Attachments, Checklist, and Child card buttons have been moved to the body of the Card. You'll now find the less commonly used Duplicate and Archive options in the 3 dot menu in the header of the Card.
- Tags redesign – the modal for adding and creating tags has been slimmed down to make it easier to use on smaller screens.
- The attachments section in a Card now displays the total number of attachments.
- Boards now load faster than before due to optimising the rendering of Card tags.
- New link behaviour – clicking on a link in Superthread will now open the link. Previously it would open the link editor. If you want to edit the link, just hover over the link to reveal the edit options.
- If the same piece of text contains both a link and an inline comment, clicking on the text will first reveal the comment, then the second click will open the link.
- Clicking on text that contains an inline comment will now only reveal the comment. It will no longer focus the comment reply box, instead the cursor will remain on the Page text.
- Using undo in a Page no longer causes the scroll position of the page to change unpredictably.
- Whilst searching for Child cards, hovering over the breadcrumb no longer shows undefined.
- Removed unused CSS styles in the header of a Board that would become visible when changing the zoom level of the browser.
- Fixed an issue where scrolling a list of Child cards would not work if you were hovering over the breadcrumb of Child card.
- Fixed an issue where extra long Card titles would not wrap onto a new line if the title had no spaces.
- Adding an invalid link in a Page no longer breaks the ability to edit that link.
- Highlighting a line of text, then typing it over it to replace the text, no longer causes the line below to jump up by one row.
Mar 18, 2022
- In the Settings page, the entire word 'Settings' and the back arrow are now both clickable to navigate you back to the Superthread app.
- You can now press
Escanywhere within Settings to close the settings and navigate back to the Superthread app.
- Settings pages now have appropriate html page titles so that you can identify them easily in your browser tabs.
- Tweaked the text in our Jira importer to include a link directly to the settings page where you can generate a Jira API token.
- Tweaked the text on our GitHub integration to better explain how the integration works.
- Changed the background colour of the sidebar in the Settings page.
- Adding a new card to a board now correctly focusses your cursor in the next card title input.
- Copy/pasting code blocks that contained links to Superthread pages no longer discards the link on paste.
- When dragging a Card or Board to a different project, the 'Add new card' buttons in the destination project no longer disappear and then pop back in again.
- Adding an
@symbol as inline code no longer triggers the mentions dropdown.
- The Page editor no longer changes your scroll position when adding or editing links in the Page.
- Opening a link to a Superthread Page now displays the correct breadcrumb for the Project that the Page belongs to.
- Using the keyboard arrows to move the cursor in a bullet list no longer breaks typing.
- Using keyboard arrows to move the cursor up a Page no longer skips over the first row in the Page.
- Triple clicking a word/sentence now correctly highlights the full set of characters, previously it would not capture the last character.
Mar 11, 2022
- Trello importer – you can now seamlessly import your existing Trello boards into Superthread. All of the standard attributes of a Trello card are supported, including title, description, labels, members, attachments, checklist items, due date, and comments.
- Jira importer – import issues from a Jira project into a Superthread Board. We support issue titles, descriptions, assignee, creator, attachments, labels, due date, and comments.
- Settings page – with so many new features, we needed a new home for all their settings. You can find our new importers, GitHub integration and Profile settings there.
- Manual Board ordering – if you're using multiple Boards in a Project, you can now pin a board to the top of the list, or reorder your 'Backlog' and 'Active dev' Boards to better represent your team's workflow. Just drag and drop the boards wherever you like.
- Even faster Boards – we've been working hard behind the scenes to make our Boards load even faster. This is especially noticeable when switching between Boards in your Favourites list.
- Redesigned 'Profile' settings page.
- We removed the link to 'Profile settings' from the dropdown at the top of the sidebar, it's now replaced with a link to the new dedicated page for Settings.
- In a Card, the 'Parent epics' are now positioned above the Card title so that they no longer get pushed out when the breadcrumb is too long.
- Opening a page directly from a link now correctly loads the real time collaborators currently working on the page.
- Editing a list title in a Board is now immediately reflected in the breadcrumb of any Cards within that list.
- In a Card, dragging an edited checklist item into a different checklist no longer causes the checklist item's content to revert.
Backspaceto clear a checklist item's content no longer creates two empty new lines when you start to add new text.
- In a large multi-line checklist item, the checkbox is now vertically aligned at the top of the item, instead of centre aligned.
- Adding a Child card immediately after adding a Checklist item no longer causes an error.
- Dragging a Card from a Board preview into a different Project now correctly updates the total count of Cards remaining in the list.
- Opening a Card from a Board preview, and then navigating to another Card no longer displays an empty Card when you close the Card you're viewing.
- Restoring an archived Card now correctly adds it to the bottom of the list/column that is was previously in, instead of attempting to re-insert it at it's original position.
- In a Board, clicking the dropdown on an Epic card is now much more consistent. It now displays the Child card even if the children are from a different board, and the Card titles will update in real time as you edit the Child card elsewhere within the same Board.
- Fixed an issue in a Board where archiving a list meant you could no longer change the order of the remaining lists/columns in the Board.
- We've fixed a lot of cases where undoing an action in a Page would behave unexpectedly, such as jumping the scroll position, or not undoing the first character in the Page. We're working on tracking down the rest.
- Clicking on a different Project whilst in the setup flow for a new Board no longer breaks navigation.
- Fixed an issue where opening and closing a Card from the Board preview would cause the UI for creating a new Board to break.
- Fixed the click target size for the 'Add new board' button at the bottom of the Board list.
- Expanding a Board preview now consistently only requires one click.
- Fixed an issue where opening the 'Views' section would cause the animation for dragging a Board to break.
- When viewing a Card, clicking on a link to open another Card now correctly resets the scroll position.
- Dragging a Board all the way down the Board list to the bottom no longer presents the space under the 'Add new board' button as a valid drop target.
- Dragging a Card from a Board preview no longer causes horizontal scroll bars to appear on all the other Boards in the list.
- If you leave the 3 dot menu open on a Card, the menu is now correctly closed when you navigate to a different Board using search.
- Clicking to open the full Board before you've finished adding a Card in Board preview no longer causes a broken state.
Mar 4, 2022
- When viewing an Epic card, you can now hover over a Child Card to see the Board and Project that the child card belongs to.
- You can now copy a Card-ID by hovering over the breadcrumb. This is useful for naming your git branches so it's easier to link a Card to a pull request using our GitHub integration.
- The real time avatars of people currently editing a Page will now float on the left of the Page, allowing them to remain visible even when scrolling.
- We've tweaked the design of the breadcrumb throughout the app, this is the first step towards an updated Card design that we're working on.
- We've removed the 'Watch' eye button from a Card and replaced it with a 'Subscribe' bell icon that can now be found in the header of a Card.
- We've moved the Archive and Duplicate Card actions into the 3 dot menu in header of a Card.
- When adding multiple checklists to a Card, the previous checklist's title is no longer the suggested title of the new checklist.
- When adding multiple checklists to a brand new Card, editing the title of first checklist no longer causes the other checklists to be removed.
- Setting a Page to full width no longer causes alignment issues in the content of the Page.
Backspaceto delete an image from a Page no longer causes an 'undefined' error and allows your cursor to move naturally onto the line above.
- Clicking in the space between a Page heading and the icon to copy the anchor link to the heading, no longer scrolls you to the bottom of the Page.
Feb 18, 2022
- GitHub integration – automatically link GitHub pull requests to Superthread Cards to view the status of the PR from within the Card. Just include the relevant Superthread Card-ID (e.g. ST-123) in your branch name/s and Superthread will do the rest.
- You can no longer @mention people inside of code blocks.
- Uploading a cover image or Page icon will now only allow you to upload supported image formats and not any file type.
- Opening a child Card from the Board preview, and then navigating to the parent no longer results in viewing an 'undefined' card.
- Fixed an issue where dragging a Board preview would cause it to expand if the Board was dropped back in its original position.
- Fixed a navigation issue where sometimes opening a Card from a Board preview and then closing it would navigate you to archived section instead of back to the Board preview.
- Fixed an issue where you could have multiple file upload modals open at the same time. Opening a new modal now closes the previous one.
- Fixed an issue where closing and then reopening a page would reopen any modals in that page which had not been closed by the user. Now modals within a page are also closed when the page is closed.
Feb 18, 2022
- YouTube videos in Pages – you can now embed a video from YouTube in your Pages. Just click the video icon in the toolbar and paste a link to your desired video.
- Native links in the sidebar – it's now easier to work with Superthread across multiple tabs and windows. All links in the sidebar now support right click, middle click, and
cmdclick to open in a new tab. You can also
Shiftclick to open in a new window. It's also our first step towards improving the site's accessibility.
- Search will no longer include archived items by default.
- Search will no longer defocus the input field when using your keyboard to navigate up/down search results. This allows you to continue typing to refine your search if you can't find what you're looking for.
- Anchor links that point to a position in the same Page you are currently viewing will now just scroll to the correct page position, instead of reloading the page.
- Updating the title of a Card, Page, or Board is now reflected in the URL immediately.
- Internal links are now displayed properly in notifications.
- Fixed alignment of help & feedback text in the sidebar.
- Fixed cursor pointer appearing incorrectly in 3 dot menus.
- Sidebar hiding/showing button now works when Superthread is open in multiple windows.
- Fixed being unable to restore an archived Card.
- Fixed an issue where archiving a Card from a favourited Board would not work.
- Fixed a rendering issue where some pop ups would appear blurry.
Feb 11, 2022
- Resize the sidebar – it's now easier to read long Project and Workspace names. Just drag the edge of sidebar open or closed to your desired width.
- Duplicate a Page – you can now create a copy of an existing page. Just open a page and click the 3 dot menu to find the option. The duplicate Page will be created in the same project as the original.
- Public page search indexing – when sharing a Page to the web, you can now choose to allow search engines (like Google) to index your page in search results. Note this does not guarantee your page will show up, it just enables the possibility.
- Mention people by display name – you can now search for people to @mention using their full name or their display name.
- Page icons – you can now upload an icon for a Page. Icons are an optional way to add some extra style to your Pages and will be used as a favicon when you share a page to the web.
- We've added some explainer text to the display name field in your profile settings.
- We've tweaked the behaviour of the watch icon in Pages to make it easier to un-watch a page.
- Fixed the hover area for triggering the close tooltip on the 'X' button.
- Long workspace names no longer overlap with the 'collapse sidebar' button.
- Notifications of being added to a new project now include the project name.
- Fixed a rare app freeze when set to 75% zoom level in your browser.
- You can no longer save a card with no title set.
- The mouse cursor pointer in the @mentions dropdown is now visible.
- Clicking the project name will now correctly highlight the whole name to make editing faster.
- Fixed the positioning of the edit and delete icons when hovering over a Page's cover image in Safari.
Feb 4, 2022
- Real time collaboration in Pages (Beta) – now up to 3 people can be editing the same Page at once, with support for real time cursors and presence indicators.
- Child cards improvements – adding and creating child cards now feels much more intuitive. We've improved the search behaviour, keyboard navigation, and made it so you can immediately add another child card after pressing enter (just like in checklists).
- Toggle sections in Pages have been removed – unfortunately they were blocking us from launching the real time collaboration feature. Therefore we've removed the toggle sections feature whilst we take the the time to rework it.
- We've added a tooltip on the 'X' close button to highlight the
Esckeyboard shortcut for quickly closing a Board, Card, Page, or modal.
- The comment count in Pages now updates in real time without needing to refresh the page to see new comments.
- We've optimised the download resolution of images from Unsplash to make Pages load even faster.
- Inline images in a Card description no longer overflow the description box.
- The 3 dot menu icon on the title of a list no longer gets pushed out of view when the list title has too many characters.
- In Firefox, dragging a Card up and down a list no longer causes the card to open when it is dropped.
- In Firefox, dragging a card in an expanded board preview no longer causes the board preview to collapse when the card is dropped.
- Fixed a console error that would show when opening the members dropdown with a small number of members in it.
Jan 28, 2022
- Pasting screenshots in to Cards got a lot easier – you can now paste images directly from your clipboard in to an open Card. They'll be uploaded as attachments.
- Images in Pages are now responsive on small screens.
- Attachments now work even if the filename contains the characters
- Real time board updates now continue to work reliably after page refreshes.
- Notifications with comments that contain inline images now display correctly.
- Fixed an issue where dragging multiple Cards between Projects would sometimes cause a duplicate key error.
- Fixed an issue where manually typing a URL that pointed at the Superthread app would not work in a Page.
- Copy pasting images from Google image searches in to Pages no longer pastes the image twice.
- Changing the Page font now works reliably when creating a brand new Page.
- Pop ups in Safari no longer have a blue outline.
- Fixed an issue in Safari where dragging cards would not display the correct mouse pointer.
- You can now close the inline comments pop up with
- Deleting an inline comment now removes the yellow highlight from the text that was being commented on.
- Fixed a console error with inline comments being added to code blocks.
- Fixed an issue where inline comments would not work after reloading the page.
- The inline comment button no longer shows after doing 'select all' and deleting the full page body.
Jan 21, 2022
- We now support adding a page divider in Pages.
- Continuing our theme of making Pages even faster, we've made a lot of behind the scenes changes to speed them up even more. This lays the groundwork for some bigger improvements we have coming soon.
- We've tweaked the positioning of dropdowns and pop-ups so that it's easier to add tags, dues dates, assign member, and create new projects on small screens.
- We've added a tooltip to the Favourite icon to improve discoverability.
- Resizing images in a Page no longer causes the scroll position of the Page to change.
- Horizontal scrolling of a board preview now works in Firefox.
- A rogue white section no longer shows at the bottom of the sidebar in Safari.
- Fixed a rare issue where a Card would automatically re-open if the title contained the word 'archived'.
- Copy/pasting content into Pages now works much more reliably when the pasted content contains both text and images.
Jan 14, 2022
- Pages now load even faster – it's now much faster to switch between pages in your Favourites list and we've optimised the loading of pages with lots of images.
- The Favourites and Projects section in the sidebar now scroll together as a single list, making the sidebar much more usable on smaller screens.
- Archiving will no longer immediately close the page/board. This makes it easier to quickly undo your action and restore the page/board.
- Archiving a Public Page will now also stop sharing the Page to the web.
Cmd + Ksearch bar will now remember your last search term.
- Tweaked lots of text throughout the app to consistently use 'sentence case'.
- When creating a new workspace, the workspace name must be globally unique and we now return an appropriate error message.
- Notifications are now displayed correctly even when there are very long card/page titles.
- Checklist items in Cards can now be edited in Safari.
- Navigating from one Card to another now correctly resets your scroll position in the destination Card.
- Fixed alignment of of some modals to be positioned in the centre of the screen.
- Fixed alignment of 'x' icon used to remove a tag from a Card.
- Fixed incorrect sizes of icons in Cards.
Enterat the end of a Page title will now correctly move your cursor to the beginning of the first line of the Page.
Jan 7, 2022 🎆
- Quick create Child cards – you can now create a Child card from within the parent epic. The Child card will be added to the same board/list as the parent.
- Real time Board updates – when your team makes changes, they'll be reflected in real time without you needing to refresh the page. This includes creating/updating Cards and dragging them between projects (more to come here in the future).
- Public Pages (beta) – you can now publish a Page on the web and share the link with anybody.
- Inline comments in Pages – you can now highlight some text in a Page and comment on it.
- Help & Feedback links added to the bottom of the sidebar.
- Toggle lists now support basic text formatting.
- Removed Page draft system – pages now open directly in to edit mode and are saved automatically whilst typing. There is no longer a 'Publish' button.
- Reduced font sizes throughout the app.
Enterat the end of a collapsed toggle will add a new toggle on the line below (same as bullet and number lists).
- Expand a collapsed toggle using
Cmd + Enter
- Pressing backspace in an empty toggle will now delete the toggle.
- Tweaked the naming of the menu options in the dropdown at the top of of the sidebar.
- The placeholder text inside an empty toggle is now removed correctly when adding lists inside of a toggle.
- Toggle section icon no longer overlaps the Page editor toolbar.
- Fixed wrong background colour on 'Cancel' button in board preview.
- Notifications that contain an @mention are now styled correctly.